Effective: January 2018
This statement sets out how DUO Conference & Events Ltd (DUO, we, our or us) sets out how it processes the personal data that relates to you as a prospective employee of our company.
Information collected via our website
The information listed below that we may collect
- Your contact information, such as address, personal email address and telephone numbers
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of contact forms, subscribing to our website services, email notifications and newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to share with us
- Your social media content and other information that is within the public domain. This information we could collect could be pictures and video footage, posts and comments on such sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
Collection of information
- Forms completed, and/or original documents submitted by you to DUO in person, via email or via our website
- Any written correspondence you provide to us (e.g. via email)
- Social media platforms and other websites where your information is published within the public domain
- Responses that you provide to us through questionnaires and/or tests that we request you to complete
Use of your information
- Internal records for information/services required
- We may use the information to improve our services
- We may send promotional emails about new services, news, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you complete the form on the website, look for the relevant consent boxes.
- You can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used in the future by DUO Conference and Events Ltd
- You can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used in the future by third party suppliers
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Cookies We Set
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Updates to this privacy statement
We will review regularly the way that we collect and use information as part of the recruitment process. This does mean that we may change what kind of information we collect, how we use it, how we store it and who we share it with. As a result of any review we may need to amend the privacy statement published on our website and will assume that you read and agree to the latest privacy statement.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you however if there is something that you aren’t sure about and you are still looking for more information, then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods.
Tel: +44(0)1423 861131